Re: Creating a virtual image with Anaconda

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:34:07PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> If you scout around the User Mode Linux project at sourceforge you sould be
> able to find a script to create RHL (and maybe Fedora) filesystems.

Right, tnx. However, I would have hoped to be able to use Anaconda
instead of a hackish script.

> Alternatively, you could do an install on a real computer and use its
> filesystem as a starting-point.

Right, but this is exactly what I want to avoid.

> I suspect that a lot of what Anaconda does is completely irrelevant to what
> you want to do.

I'm looking at Anaconda *just* for the creation of the image, nothing more.
To me, it seems as a pretty good fit, at least at a logic/intuitive level.

--
Dimi.