Re: installing on CDless laptop using grub and isolinux

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 02:20:50PM -0700, Phil Meyer wrote:

> With media that has a local installer, this is not the case.  You cannot
> remove Disk one until prompted, when installing from Disk1, even if you
> do a kickstart.  My understanding, from observation, is that if there is
> a local installer, the disk will remain mounted, even if the installer
> is not used.

When installing from disc 1, a CD install will automatically be
used. Once you're installing from CD, disc 1 will be mounted.  To
avoid doing this, you can use 'linux askmethod' at the boot: prompt.
It is then safe to remove the installation disc once the loader screen
comes up.

Cheers,

Matt