core 3: package signatures required?

Not sure if this belongs here or the kickstart list but I'm trying to
figure out whats crashing the installer when I try kickstarting with
some custom rpms. I've narrowed it down to not signing my packages. If I
recompile with a proper signature, anaconda installs them fine. If I
don't, it just segfaults and everything dies.

Are package signatures now required for all rpms?

I couldn't find any mention in the release notes or anaconda ChangeLog,
and these same rpms/specfiles worked in my Core 2 kickstart.

On a related note I'm finding the lack of documentation really time
consuming. I just discovered a few more kickstart options by downloading
the anaconda src rpm, installing it, extracting the tarball, and reading
the ChangeLog. Which doesn't strike me as the most efficient way to get
at this information.

Has anyone considered writing an updated customization guide? Or do RHEL
users get access to proper documentation I'm just not seeing...
--
Matthew Kent \ SA \ bravenet.com