Re: Picking apart buildinstall

I wouldn't use buildinstall although it is possible. You would need to
regenerate your kernel-BOOT rpm with the new driver included in it, then
somehow massage buildinstall to run. This will regenerate all your
images.

I would directly hack initrd.img. Here is the basic procedure:

zcat initrd.img > initrd.ext2
mount -o loop initrd.ext2 /tmp/tt
from this you can get the modules directory

then follow the instructions in
http://faq.linux.cz/pracovni/driver-disk-howto

to see how to get your new module in there.

HTH,
Greg