Re: noatime during install?

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 12:14:47AM +0200, Rudi Chiarito wrote:
> I am not sure what kind of speedup you would see. I suppose it would

In case anyone wants to try this, I have a patch that applies cleanly
against the latest anaconda in FC3RC3. I only know that the patched RPM
builds, other problems prevent me from testing this right now.

http://uberh4x0r.org/~yax/anaconda-noatime.patch
http://uberh4x0r.org/~yax/anaconda.spec

The patch should add a noatime switch that can be used either at the
boot screen or in a kickstart file. All it should do is mount with the
noatime option the partitions to which packages are installed.

Use at your own risk, etc.

--
Rudi