Re: install packages during the first boot

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 13:45 +0300, Pavel Ivanov wrote:
> Hi, I wonder how to create a CD that may be installed during the firstboot running. Is it a simple CD with rpms.
> Or I need to create it with anaconda?

Firstboot uses system-config-packages via system-cdinstall-helper so you
need to create a CD to work for that.

Initially Firstboot checks to see if autorun exists on CD the screen
used is actually part of system-config-packages.

Create an autorun script that figures out the dir the cd is running eg:

dir = $(dirname $0)
exec /usr/bin/system-cdinstall-helper $dir

If you have a RHEL CD you can look at the version on the Extras cd
there.  I'll try and find out if I can post it - there is no real magic
in it.

2) Your CD layout wants to be similar to anaconda generated install cds
so you'll need comps, hdlist packages and a .discinfo.

mkstamp.py will prompt you for details so you can get a .discinfo

I'd recommend a layout similar to:

autorun
.discinfo
LICENSE
Extras/base
Extras/RPMS
Extras/pixmaps

Create a comps file and graphics for your groups.
Run genhdlist as normal to create hdlist

Hopefully that should just work ;)

Paul