Re: can you NFS install using a DVD iso image?

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:20:44 -0400 (EDT), Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> you mnisunderstood my point.  the user is not responsible for
> *explicitly* or *manually* mounting the CD iso images -- i'm assuming
> anaconda does that internally, no?  all the user needs to do is point
> the NFS install dialog at the server and iso directory, and anaconda
> takes it from there.
>
> the point is that it seems necessary for the user to manually mount
> the DVD iso image on the server, when that's not necessary for the CD
> iso images. is this, in fact, the case?  that's all i'm askiing

Anaconda supports nfsiso installs using dvd images.  You should be
able to simply point anaconda at the nfs directory where the dvd iso lives.

Note that some nfs servers do not handle these large files properly. If this
is the case, the install will fail.