Re: Compiling/Interpreting anaconda source

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:10:34AM -0000, BhaskerReddy Amireddy wrote:

>   Hi ,
>
>   I got the source of anaconda. I got a problem while compiling that.
>   I found a file by name anaconda and i tried to compile it by saying
>   ./anaconda.

Start here:

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

First off anaconda consists of both python and native code. You'll need various
packages installed - see the BuildRequires/BuildPreReq in the spec file or
querying the src.rpm - eg:

pump-devel  >= 0.8.20
kudzu-devel  >= 1.1.52
pciutils-devel
bzip2-devel
e2fsprogs-devel
python-devel
gtk2-devel
rpm-python  >= 4.2-0.61
newt-devel
rpm-devel
gettext  >= 0.11
rhpl
booty
libxml2-python
zlib-devel
bogl-devel  >= 0:0.1.9-17
bogl-bterm  >= 0:0.1.9-17
elfutils-devel
beecrypt-devel
libselinux-devel  >= 1.6
xorg-x11-devel

Once you have all the build requires installed you will need to build the
native compents then in your anaconda source tree simply type:

make

This will build the various native components and extension modules.

You can test your anaconda in part using:

./anaconda --test -m nfs://export/fc3t1/

where /export/fc3t1 should be replaced with a path to an install tree on the local disk (the nfs is confusing here in test mode).

The full test would require building a package and install tree - or you can also test changes using an updates.img or dropping files into RHupdates.  See the docs subdir for details of what applies in which install method.

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve, but you probably want to
ensure you read the documents above quite thouroughly.  Also if you explain the
problem you are trying to install by building anaconda more targetted help
could be provided.

Paul