Re: changing installer images

Op za 14-08-2004, om 19:08 schreef Edgar Chill�Chillux':
> I have the same problem but I dont undestand de
> solution ! What you said is that i have to create a
> tar from the /usr/src/redhat/BUID ? extract the files
> in other location, modify the png's files and the buid
> the tar again, descompress in the /usr/src/redhat and
> then buid the rpm ??
>
> Is that correct ? if not, what that I have to do ?
Here's what I do
if you install the source rpm you get a tar.bz2 file in the SOURCES
directory. Unpack this archive and modify the .png files.
Then run
rpmbuild -bp anaconda-images.spec
and you will get the necessary files in the BUILD directory. You don't
need to modify the files the BUILD directory unless you can patch them.
But you can't patch png files so we have to do it this way.
After this step, run
rpmbuild -ba anaconda-images.spec
and you will get the rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch
If you want to modify other source packages, you can modify the files in
the BUILD directory, run diff on them to patch them and add the patch to
the spec file.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Kind regards,