Update Kernel for PXE Installations

This is frustrating because it seems easy but there's no documentation on how to do it.

I want to upgrade the kernel for PXE-based installations from the stock 2.6.5-1.358 kernel that comes with Fedora Core 2 to the latest errata for FC2. Upgrading the vmlinuz file is a simple copy, but how do you rebuild the initrd.img and netstg2.img files so they're identical to what's already there, except tagged for the newer kernel?

There are bugs in the 2.6.5 kernel used for PXE installations that we're triggering, and I want to keep a PXE installation as close as possible to the standard installation.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Philip