loader broadcom driver support

Hi,
    I am trying to put the broadcom 57xx and the 44xx support on the
CD image. The CD is made from the Fedora Core 1 CD 1.
I downloaded the drivers and compiled them for the fedora
2.4.22-1.2115.npt1 kernel, which happens to be the kernel on the CD.
I put the bcm5700.o file in the modules.cgz in initrd.img and the
stage2.img.
Subsequently I also modified the module-info and the pcitable files in
both places with the bcm entries.
    However the modules fails to load. Is there any know issues with
the fedora kernels and broadcom drivers? Also I see that there is a
modules.pcimap file in the initrd.img modules directory. I had not seen or
used this file for Redhat 9.0.

Can anyone give me any pointers in this regard?

Thanks,
Sameer.