Re: corrupted RPM DB during kickstart install

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 21:54, Alex Tang wrote:
> Hi folks.
>
> I'm working on an install that's using a kickstart file.  Everything
> has been fine, but recently, during the install, the RPM database is
> getting corrupted while installing packages.

I had this take place and it happened to be one of my custom RPMs was
starting the Red Carpet daemon (rcd) during kickstart.  rcd constantly
stats the RPM db to see if any updates have been installed and it
appears that doing this during a kickstart was causing corruption  :)

I don't know if you have any custom RPMs, but that's where I'd look.

/Brian/