Colors and CJK [Was: Re: Changing the color of the text in a text mode install]

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:15:36PM +1000, Omar Kilani wrote:

Where should I be looking to change the color of the text used during a text mode installation?
snack? rhpl? anaconda?
Can't seem to find it... if it's configurable...

newt.

This doesn't seem to affect the anaconda installer (I wanted to change the color from what I persumed to be a default red/orange to yellow, but it's already yellow in newt.)

Both loader and anaconda come up with root text drawn with a strange orange/red color, which has terrible contrast and is rather hard to read for anyone with any sort of color blindness.

If you test FC2, you'll see what I mean. Anaconda 7.2 -> 9.1.2 all have root text drawn as yellow, so I'm not sure where this change occured. There doesn't seem to be anything defining this red/orange color anywhere, and booting with a framebuffer displays the root text in yellow.

Still attempting to find the differences in loader / anaconda between 9.1.2 and 10.0.2.

Another related question, is CJK terminal stuff supposed to work in 10.0.2? What is required to make it work?

If I try "Chinese (Simplified)" in FC2, it just says "Chinese (Simplified) is not available in text mode", though it does work (bterm runs properly) in 9.1.2 on Whitebox.

Any ideas? :)

Regards,
Omar Kilani