New feature in Anaconda

Hi All,
I'm a new subscriber to the list, so please forgive me if I'm asking an
old question.
                                                                                                                             As you know Yast (Suse Setup Tool) has a nice tool which let users to resize their existing partition in the middle of setup process. On the other hand Redhat has written a similar partition manager 'parted' as a separate program that perform these things in command line.
                                                                                                                             Now, I'd like to know why anaconda developers has not ported this 'parted' program to anaconda? It doesn't seem to be difficult. Is there any technical or legal issues?
                                                                                                                             Hamed