Re: FC2 and dual-boot Windows

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 13:39, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 13:35 -0700, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:
> > >
> > > I still have yet to reproduce the problem.  If you have a way to
> > > reliably reproduce it and are willing to test, there's some work going
> > > on in upstream parted to try to make it a non-issue.  As it stands right
> > > now, I'm following the discussion and it seems sane, but I can't do much
> > > in the way of testing.  If I have someone who can reproduce and who will
> > > test, it's easy enough for me to make an updates.img with an updated
> > > libparted that will get used.
> >
> > Really?  I thought that it was an issue for everyone.  I haven't had
> > time to even test it with Windows yet--I thought I'd get a fix first and
> > test that.  I'll see if I can reliably reproduce the problem and then
> > I'll test libparted.  Anaconda grabs the libparted from the installation
> > tree during buildinstall, doesn't it?  I can also test a newer parted
> > with buildinstall.
>
> It would be far easier if it were an issue for everyone ;-)  My new
> laptop came with XP pre-installed and I happily shrunk the partition and
> everything worked without any problems at all.  The libparted gets
> pulled from the package tree, yes, but I haven't built a CVS parted
> package yet.  You can if you'd like (or my offer definitely stands of
> making an updates.img)

Yes, I'd like to see an updates.img (for those who don't rebuild from
the tree), as well as a CVS parted package.

Speaking of shrinking XP--how did you shrink the NTFS partition?  I was
thinking of adding ntfsresize-static to the build and allowing users to
shrink the NTFS/FAT32 partitions if they existed.  Thoughts?

Forrest