EDD disksigs for disks other than 0x80

Jeremy asked me privately if the 2.6 kernel EDD disksig code works for
anything other than the first BIOS int13_dev80 device.  Right now it
doesn't, it's limited to retrieving only the MBR signature for dev80.
But a quick look at linux/Documentation/i386/zero-page.txt shows that
there's space available to store disk signatures for as many disks as
we want.

So, the question becomes: how many does it make sense to try to read?
I can picture an install scenario where we would want to install
LVM/RAID across all available BIOS disks (2 for RAID1, 3 for RAID5,
more?), and would want to use the mbr_signature mechanism to determine
which BIOS disks correspond to which Linux disks.  Yes?

If so, I'll look into storing more signatures.  Currently EDD allows up
to 6 devices, but that's because the EDD 3.0 data chunk is so large
and space is limited in the zero-block.  We could conceiveably store
more mbr_signatures (they're only 4 bytes each) than 6, if it would be
useful to do so.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Matt