Re: Problem with Fedora Core 2 Build Process.

Nick Gray wrote:

I had the same problem too. I think it is 'mkimages' (or maybe mkboot-something) that is called by 'buildinstall' that remakes all of the image files - including the isolinux directory. In my own buildscript, I just re-copied my custom isolinux files back to the isolinux directory after buildinstall had been run.

It seems to delete the entire directory. Is that what your seeing?
I'm not too sure. I thought it was recreating the directory because the first couple of times I ran 'buildinstall' everything 'looked' the same (ie. isolinux directory and files were still there) but my custom changes had disappeared.

After I run buildinstall now, it seems that the 'original' isolinux directory and all files within are re-created - after which I copy my custom isolinux.cfg and boot.msg back into isolinux/.

If the directory is being totally deleted for you - maybe check out the mkimages or mkboot-somethingorother to see whats going on.

good luck

pantz

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!