Re: FC3 working anaconda todo

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 17:52 -0400, Brian Long wrote:
> > * Keyboard/mouse/monitor configuration
> >   * We really don't need to ask about anything other than keyboard on
> >   a GUI install.
> >   * If they can configure depth, etc all in firstboot, why not have
> >   them configure the monitor there too?
>
> Because certain people might customize the release and remove
> firstboot.  They might pass keyboard/mouse/monitor/lang via ks.cfg and
> expect it to continue working in FC3  :)

I don't plan to remove the kickstart functionality.  Invoke it
differently, perhaps.  But not remove it.  And keyboard/language are
staying -- you need them for during the install (and I can't auto-detect
it :)

> I'm very glad you've moved anaconda CVS to an external site.  I hope we
> can see certain features added that aren't on your list.  Do you plan to
> publish this rough to-do list on the Fedora Anaconda web site?

I have no problem at all adding features that aren't on the list.  As
always, patches are always welcome with open arms.  If it's more than a
trivial small change, posting it here for discussion isn't unreasonable.
But make sure to also try to put things in bugzilla so that they don't
get lost (first pass attached, then after discussion dies down, any
updated patch).  That's not to say that I'll take anything but that's no
different than any other open source maintainer really.

Once the FC3 schedule is in place, then I'll be able to put into place a
schedule around things like freezes for anaconda -- we have to freeze a
little bit earlier in the way of adding new things just because of the
difficulty of getting testing.

And I'm planning on updating the Fedora site, although that's a process
that might take a few days.  Hence I went ahead and sent it here first

Cheers,

Jeremy