Re: .discinfo and .buildstamp correct, install cd still not found

Did you also change the Redhat directory to ARIEL?  You have to change that too, otherwise you get this message.  Came across this upgrading from RH9 to FC1.  When you do this, you will also need to provide a different option to genhdlist, if you run it.  There was a discussion about that this week and is in the archives (too tired to remember or look :) ).
-brad

Brent Gerig wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to make a single custom install cd based off of RedHat 9. I am using the SGI-XFS kernel. I had the install cd working, but I don't like the "SGI_XFS" messages all over the place, and I'd like to change those. I edited the .discinfo file, as well as .buildstamp in initrd.img, stage2.img, hdstg2.img, and netstg2.img by changing the product to ARIEL, and the version (1.2.0) to 1.3.1, to reflect the more recent kernel that I'm using. I have since verified that all of those changes did indeed make it onto the cd. However, when the install process starts, it tells me that "the ARIEL CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives. Please insert the ARIEL CD and press OK to retry." So obviously it's using the new product name, but something somewhere is still reporting the cd as SGI_XFS. Any ideas?

Thanks,
   -Brent