RE: Allow manual dependency resolution during kickstartinstallation

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 14:33, Chan, Dominic wrote:
> I am using the anaconda version that come with redhat 9.0  I do have a
> new question which related to this.  I am building a new iso image for
> rhel 3.0 Update 1.  Does the OS/image/anaconda version on the
> workstation that I am building the iso with have to also be running RHEL
> 3.0, or it does not matter?  I basically copy the entire cd1
> files/folder to a build area '/var/LZ3', and I also added additional
> RPMS from CD2,3, and 4 to the /var/LZ3/RedHat/RPMS folders afterward to
> fulfill my package needs.  Afterward, I update the hdlist with hdgenlist
> command.  MOST of the package seem to be works, except, about 4 of them
> WILL NOT INSTALL from using kickstart, and the updated RPMS in the
> UPDATE folders didn't get apply during installation

Yes, I highly recommend installing the version that you are going to be
using to build the CDs.  I usually install it on a partition, and then
chroot to that partition from the version that I am currently running to
do the build.

Forrest