Re: comps.xml needs A LOT MORE DOCUMENTATION

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Joshua Jensen wrote:

> Already been there... this is FAR from official documentation of what
> this and other comps.xml directives are doing.

I agree that it could probably stand to use some more documentation.

> > Check out
> > http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject
> > - while it doesn't cover everything it has lots of good information..

> Already seen this... this doesn't cover either directive I asked
> about... nor is it official, nor does it provide a DTD.

I'm not sure that a DTD would buy you all that much.  Particularly when
you're already using a relatively loosely typed language to parse the
file.  Also, the twiki page should cover the changes between anaconda9 and
fedora which are fairly significant (the rh9 version was seriously flawed
imo).

> Time for Red Hat to step up to the plate...

Feel free to contribute.

--Patrick.