Re: rpm404-python package missing from RHEL ES 3

Chan, Dominic wrote:
So CentOS-3 use the same binary/source as RHEL 3.0?  Can it use the same update from redhat as it become available?

In theory yes, but I don't know anyone who has tried this. I don't see the reason for using the updates from RH while using CentOS b/c you'd still have to pay RH.

If you are paying for the updates from RH you might as well also use the RH built/approved binaries.

BTW, CentOS has its own update server that is free with all of the patches.

Thanks,
Akbar

dwc