Re: Upgrading from RedHat 9 to Fedora for homemade install DVDs

Toralf

This may or may not be of use to you. I have been using this to make
DVDs. It is what I call 'hand script'. I am not sure if it would work as
a script, but I open it and cut and paste the instructions one by one.

#!/bin/bash

export DISTBASE=/data/src/selinux
export PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/anaconda
export
PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/anaconda:/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime:/usr/share/comps-extras
export BASEDIR=$DISTBASE/Development/Core1/Fedora/base
export COREDIR=$DISTBASE/Development/Core1
export HDFILE=$BASEDIR/hdlist
export PRODUCT_PATH=Fedora
export PKGORDER=$BASEDIR/pkgorder.txt
export
VERSION=/data/selinux/Fedora/Core1/custom/SELinux/Core1/Fedora/RPMS/fedora-release-1-3.i386.rpm
export VERSION2=dist-fedora
export PRODUCT=Fedora
export RELEASE=Fedora

#Copy the comps.development file which contains the list of install
groups for the
# development system to the $BASEDIR for generating a file list.
cp $DISTBASE/Development/HF/comps.development.xml $BASEDIR/comps.xml

#removed the old hdlist
if [ -e $BASEDIR/hdlist* ]
then
    rm $BASEDIR/hdlist*
fi
# Generate the base list.
genhdlist --hdlist $HDFILE --productpath $PRODUCT_PATH $COREDIR

# determine the load order for rpms
pkgorder $COREDIR i386 $PRODUCT_PATH > $PKGORDER

# generate the pkg.xml from the comps.xml
ln -s /data/selinux/Fedora/Core1/custom/SELinux/Core1/Fedora
/data/selinux/Fedora/Core1/custom/SELinux/Core1/RedHat
/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py comps.xml
/data/selinux/Fedora/Core1/custom/SELinux Core1 >
/data/selinux/Fedora/Core1/custom/SELinux/Core1/Fedora/base/pkgs.xml

#add pkgs.xml to the end of comps.xml
cd $BASEDIR
sed -i -e /\<\!--\ packages\ --\>/'r ./pkgs.xml' ./comps.xml
cd -

##'removed the old hdlist
if [ -e $BASEDIR/hdlist* ]
then
    rm $BASEDIR/hdlist*
fi

# Generate the base list.
genhdlist --withnumbers --fileorder $PKGORDER --hdlist $HDFILE
--productpath $PRODUCT_PATH $COREDIR

# create an install build
buildinstall --pkgorder $PKGORDER --comp $VERSION2 --version $VERSION
--prodpath $PRODUCT_PATH --release $RELEASE --product $PRODUCT $COREDIR

#create ISO
mkisofs -b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
        -c isolinux/boot.cat \
        -no-emul-boot \
        -boot-load-size 4 \
        -boot-info-table \
        -R \
        -J \
        -V "JCDX Horizontal Fusion 1.0" \
        -T \
        -p "Nick Gray <nagray austin rr com>" \
        -P "Nick Gray <nagray austin rr com>" \
        -A "JCDX Horizontal Fusion 1.0 created on 15 Feb 2004" \
         -o $DISTBASE/Development/Core1.iso/HF-disc1.iso \
        $COREDIR

# Format the DVD+RW. This is only done for DVD+RW and only NEEDS to be
done once.
/usr/bin/dvd+rw-format /dev/scd0

#BurnDVD
/usr/bin//growisofs -Z
/dev/scd0=$DISTBASE/Development/Core1.iso/HF-disc1.iso