Re: regarding changes in anaconda

Hi,

I have done this before. The method I use for creating my cds is copying the files I want from the Fedora CDs then modifying the files by hand.

Things like the Distribution name and version are held in a file called .buildstamp.

this file is found in /images/bootdisk.img
this has to me mounted:

mount -o loop bootdisk.img /mnt/bootdisk

then there is a file in there is called initrd.img

this one needs to be unzipped then loop mounted.
so:

mv initrd.img /tmp/initrd.gz
gunzip initrd.gz
mount -o loop /tmp/initrd /mnt/initrd

 The /mnt/initrd/.buildstamp file looks something like this:

200311031843
Fedora Core
1
Fedora

you can change it to whatever you like. Remember unmount the image and rezip and move it back into bootdisk.img wwhen you are done. The last line(Fedora) is the path on the cd. make sure to take caution when changing this one.

Stafford