Re: How to create custom fedora cd

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004, Paul Pianta wrote:

> Nantachai Samanyaporn wrote:
>
> >I try to find any docs about this. but i don't know is it correct.
> >Has anyone can help me to descripes correct step to create custom fedora
> >cd ?
> >

> check out here for a 'work-in-progress' doc that pretty much covers most
> of customising a fedora distribution ...
>
> http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

All docs on rebuilding Fedora (or RH8/9) go through the buildinstall
step, that rebuilds the hdstg2.img netstg2.img stage2.img and
bootdisk.img files.

I do not find this step necessary - it is very timeconsuming and error-prone.

I just copy this stuff from the original boot CD.

It is the minimal linux environment that the installer needs to operate, and
is completely separate from the final installed kernel, modules, etc.

I have a Makefile at

	https://www.redhat.com/archives/kickstart-list/2004-January/msg00053.html

Cheers,     Andy!