Re: -Legal issues of anaconda-images

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Manilal K M wrote:

> Hello ,
>    I wish to create a customized version of RedHat Linux 9 and redistribute it. But I came to know that there is some problem with copying anaconda-images. I have read the file but still there is some confusion. Can I strip of all the trademarks(Shadow man and redhat) and include my own trademarks ? The anaconda package is GPL. So I think that customizing this will not be a issue. The redhat-logos package has also the same issue of anaconda-images. Should I sought written permission from redhat. Could anyone help me in this regard. here the problem is not technical so I wish some legal experts will come forward. If anyone has any idea please don't hesitate. Is there any other issues in customizing the redhat linux 9.

3 things,

1 PLEASE wrap your lines, they are hard to read.

2. Ask YOUR lawyer. Only he/she can advise you properly.

3. Having said the above there have been numerous threads wrt this issue on
this and other lists and the bottom line seems to be you can do anything you
want as long as you replace the Red Hat trademarked images with something
else and you do not call it Red Hat anything.

HTH,