Re: getfullcompys.py......weired output from comps.xml

On 21 Nov 2003 13:19:04 +0530
Gautam Pagedar [Gautam] wrote:

Gautam> Hello Alain,

Hi,

[...]
Gautam> I have successfully created a custom Redhat 9.0 and tested it...all
Gautam> worked fine.

great :-)

Gautam> Now i want to create a new comps.xml for my custom package installation.
Gautam> I have gone through the comps.xml for several time and could not find
Gautam> any group for "kernel-development".

it's there indeed ... you may have removed it by error.

[...]
Gautam> secondly i tried using getfullcomps.py for generation a new comps.xml
Gautam> but it gives weired results on the prompt. I was referring a document
Gautam> for creating comps.xml using getfullcoms.py but i'dont have "the arch"
Gautam> parameter to specify and this gives me some warning messages.
Gautam>
Gautam> i want to know how i can solve this problem??????
Gautam>
Gautam> Reference Document-----> http://rhlinux.redhat.com/anaconda/comps.html

good way to start :-)

Gautam>
Gautam> ---------------------OUTPUT-------------------------------------------------
Gautam> $ /usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py comps.xml /RH9.0 ONE_CD
Gautam>
Gautam> WARNING: Unable to find package authconfig-gtk.  This may be an
Gautam> arch-specific package.
[...]
Gautam> WARNING: Unable to find package efibootmgr.  This may be an
Gautam> arch-specific package.
Gautam>
Gautam> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gautam>
Gautam>
Gautam> How do i solve this architecture problem. when i cannot find this "arch"
Gautam> directory on my system.

IIRC, getfullcomps is looking for an i386 package, so you'll basicly get
this error message if the package is either missing in your RPMS folder
or a non i386 package (noarch package for example).
Just check for missing packages, the other warnings won't go away anyway :-)

--
Alain