Re: grub.conf

>It might be easier to do this in %post rather than modify anaconda.

Actually it was even simpler than that.  At the suggestion of some other
gentlemen I downloaded the booty and ks-postinstall source rpm's.  I was
looking through the .py files and I liked what I saw.  It appeared the
installer would already do what I wanted.  And in fact (minus the comments)
below is the grub.conf that the installer built me without mucking about
with anything.

I'm kind of curious why RedHat/Fedora does not have isolinux.cfg setup to do
a serial boot in addition to the console boot, and the ability built in to
modify /etc/inittab for the appropriate serial console if you do a serial
install and the same for /etc/securetty.

Before even asking that, I don't even know if isolinux can send to and
receive from multiple serial consoles.  If your stuck configuring for one
and only one then it's a moot point right there, you'd be back to using a
keboard/monitor to boot, and by then you might as well finish the install
that way, or building your own CD again.

What I did wasn't all that tremendously pretty.  I wrote the serial console
information in isolinux.cfg, /etc/inittab in the initscripts rpm, and
securetty in the setup rpm such that it will only work for ttyS0.  I guess
it would be nice for me or someone else to make it more dynamic if possible,
but for now it does what I want :)

default=0
timeout=10
serial --unit=0 --speed=9600
terminal --timeout=10 serial console
password --md5 tasty
title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ console=tty0
con
sole=ttyS0,9600n8 rhgb
        initrd /boot/initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img