Re: redhat-config-packages failure for home-made DVD

On 2003.10.24 18:14, "Taylor, ForrestX" wrote:
Toralf Lund wrote:

[ ... ]
redhat-config-packages with no arguments when the DVD is mounted, or double-click on one of the rpms, I get a message saying that / mnt/cdrom is not a valid installation source. However (and this is the really weird part), if I issue

   redhat-config-packages --tree=/mnt/cdrom

on the command line, the installer GUI starts as expected and package installation works just fine.

Usually this means that you didn't rebuild the comps rpm, and it is looking for the .discinfo in the original disc. One work-around is to mount the disc first, and then click Yes when it asks about automatically running it. For some reason, this doesn't do the .
discinfo check (like useing the --tree option).
You are right, I didn't rebuild comps rpm, as I didn't think I needed it. Are you saying that it compares .discinfo in comps.rpm with the one actually on the disk? How exactly do I build comps.rpm, by the way? I know how to create rpms in general, of course, but are there any special tools for this one?

- Toralf