Re: Disable start vnc in RHEL30ES

Hello Bill,

Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Uwe Beck (ubeck@xxxxxxxxx) said:
> > boot: linux ks=floppy
> >
> > In KS.CFG there is the line for useing NFS:
> >
> > nfs --server 172.16.39.10 --dir /images/tmp/rhes30/i386
> >
> > There was started the graphical installation on the console (F7)
> > before RHEL30. Now starts the VNC-Server and I must use an other box
> > to see what is passed during the installation. But this is not
> > possible every time.
> >
> > I do not found some informations in the kickstart documentation over
> > vnc. The release notes only tells me, how it is to activate and how I
> > can use. But it is already active by default.
> >
> > Is there an option for comandline and/or for KS.CFG file to disable
> > VNC?
>
> Do you have vnc explicitly listed in your %packages?

Yes, I have vnc selected during the first interactiv installation. The
content from %packages I use in my KS.CFG is from the "anaconda-ks.cfg"
file and there is listed "vnc".

The test without "vnc" in KS.CFG works correct.

This means that this is a bug in the the anaconda installer!?

Using vnc for installation is a new option in RHEL and I see it also in
Fedora Core beta.

There should be a way, that it is possible to install "vnc" without
activate the vnc-server for installation.

What about use vnc server for installation like this?

vnc --enable [some other options]

Default in the /usr/bin/anaconda during the installation can be:

vnc --disable

If it is not in KS.CFG it should be also give with comandline.

Do you think it could be work so?

Should I create a bugreport in Bugzilla?

Best regards

Uwe Beck
T-Systems International GmbH
BC Digital Engineering Solutions
Applications Management
Fasanenweg 5, 70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen
Telefon: +49 711 972-42601
Telefax: +49 711 972-95800
E-Mail: ubeck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ubeck@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.t-systems.com or http://www.c3pdm.com