Re: No such file or directory when running genhdlist

--- Toralf Lund <toralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone explain this?
% /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist /mydist/9
open: No such file or directory
This on a directory where genhdlist has worked in
the past...

Obviously something has gone missing, but I can't
figure out what it is (RedHat/base and RedHat/RPMS are there, of course.

Also, I'm struggling hard right now to refrain from
saying what I really mean about people who would write "No such file or directory", and omit the file name...

--
Toralf

hi,

check the file's permissions.
does this help ?
No. What file????

Maybe you didn't notice - the main problem here is that the error message doesn't include a file name, and there are about 1600 files to choose from.

But I figured it out - there was a dangling symlink in the RPMS directory. Took me *hours* to track down. Actually, I ended up updated genhdlist so that it would print a better error message - the rest was easy. A patch has been submitted at bugzilla.redhat.com...

- Toralf