Re: comps.xml and comps.rpm

Alexander Rau wrote:

Does the comps.xml and comps.rpm need to be created for the specific distro
or can it be created by a third party sofware like kickstart.tools and then
copied into the base folder?
I have successfully installed from DVD with a comps.xml that I have updated (a lot) using a normal text editor. I have never tried splitting the distro across CDs. I believe the installation works even if comps.rpm doesn't exist.

I am wondering if this is why I get the message that the distro can not be
found in any of my CD drives.

In my experience, the most likely problem when you get that message is that hdlist and/or hdlist2 are missing.

- Toralf