Re: .buildstamp and .discinfo

Not sure why you're going through all this, but I hope it's worth the effort :-).

However, the message you're talking about comes from an invalid .discinfo file.
 I recall you're working with RH9, so your .discinfo file (on *each* CD) must
follow the seven line format below:

<timestamp>
<Product name>
<Arch>
<Disc#>
<BaseDir>
<RPMDir>
<PixmapDir>

The most important one is the "Product name".  It must match everywhere, because
Anaconda uses this information to verify the CD.  Generally, using the --release
option to buildinstall will do the trick.  Even if you'll have only one CD, run
splitdistro also for sanity, make sure to use the same --release string.  In
your case, you also fudged with the 'RedHat' directory, so you need to fix
BaseDir, RPMDir and PixmapDir.  You need to do this on _ALL_ CDs, if you have
more than one CD.

Hope this helps,
Ragho