Re: rebuilding anaconda-9.0-4 src

Alexander@Rau wrote:
Thanks a bunch Forrest:

I admit, when it comes to tinkering with src packages I am a newbie.

Could you explain what you mean by the portability of the patch method?

Sure. I mean that it is easier to send out a patch to others than it is to send out the src.rpm file. It is also easier when the next version of anaconda comes out to port your patches over to the new release (if it hasn't been fixed in the newer version). I started out using the tar method, and I found that it was much easier to use patches. I would often have to make changes to newer version, and I had forgotten exactly what I had done in the source. Now, I can just look at the patches, and copy them over to the newer version.

Forrest