Trouble updating net drivers on RH8.0 Disc 1...

Hi everybody...

I  need to  do  a network  Kickstart installation of   RH 8.0, but the
drivers for  my NIC aren't on the  CD.  My environment requires that I
start my Kickstart install with a bootable CD, then install over HTTP.
I *can't* use floppies or PXE.

Since I'm pretty sure the problem is that RH8 doesn't have drivers for
my Broadcom 10/100/1000 NIC,  I figured I'd just  open up the ISO, add
the drivers, and close it back up.   Unfortunately, I'm having trouble
getting this to work.  The simplest way to phrase my question is:

How do I change the drivers available  to the initial isolinux so that
the CD is still bootable?  I know how to tear open the isolinux/initrd
and edit the modules.cgz/modules.dep/pcitable/etc. and put it all back
together,  but whenever  I do this  I  wind up with  an unbootable CD.
There must be a  problem with either my mkisofs  or my re-packaging of
the initrd.

I'm not sure what kind of a "build environment" is  required - I don't
need  a full mirror  of the whole RH8  five-disk tree  for this, do I?
I'm  only re-creating Disc 1, so  an image  dd'd  (!!) from my CD-ROM,
mounted -o loop,  and  cp -a to   a directory should work   just fine,
right?   To test this theory, I  tried the above,  then made a new ISO
from that:

     mkisofs -r -J -T -v -V "Test install" \
     -c isolinux/boot.cat \
     -b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
     -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
     -boot-info-table -o /home/cdemarco/isos/ibms_170903_1.iso . \

And the resultant CD boots just fine.  But  any time I attempt to play
with the isolinux/initrd, I can't boot the CD.

Can anybody make heads or tails out of what I'm talking about!?  And
better yet... what am I doing worng ;) ?

Thanks in advance...

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
Christopher DeMarco