From: Peter Bowen [mailto:pzb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2003 8:10 AM
To: Saurav Gohain
Cc: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: which:iso or syslinux to modify

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 01:35, Saurav Gohain wrote:
> while customisng the initial start up screen , which one should i
modify.

> 1. isolinux as present in cd1 as /isolinux
> 2. syslinux as present in ....
>
> furthermore, i have found that isolinux is not required to be mounted
but
> syslinux needs to be mounted.
> and while starting the installation, the word iso linux is seen once.

Somewhat confusingly, the answer is both, but neither.  Both the
syslinux and isolinux programs come from the syslinux package.  isolinux
is used when booting directly from the CD, while syslinux is used when
booting the installer from a floppy.

But ignoring all the previous stuff, the file you need to change is
syslinux-splash.png in the anaconda-images package.  Then, when you
rebuild the installer, it will put the file in the right places.

Thanks.
Peter