From: John [mailto:red@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 9:37 PM
To: anaconda-devel-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Run once with autologon

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Chan, Dominic wrote:

> Is there a way to for RedHat install to embed a script during install
> that will get kick off after its first reboot?  The problem here is
that
> I would like to have the system autologon to a virtual console as root
> before it execute the script.  The script is interactive.  It displays
> few option for the user to choice from when it first executed, and
> provide feedback on what it is doing during the entire process.

Put it in /etc/init.d, maybe as example
Make it look like the others there, with respect to the chkconfig
line(s). Don't worry too much about everything else. Choose a sequence
number to get it run when you think it should, for example, before or
after networking is enabled.

On successful completion, it uses "chkconfig example off" so it doesn't
run again.

If it's an rpm, it can rpm --erase itself then too.

You can use openvt to attach it to a vc, or simply use file redirection.
I prefer the first.

--
Please, reply only to the list.