stage2

Hello
         This is what I have done.

I want to change the rescue.py file in stage2.img. I mounted stage2.img from
the Redhat/base directory. Since this is a cramfs I copied all the files to
another directory called stage2-copied. I then changed the rescue file in
use/lib/anaconda and compiled it using "python
/usr/lib/pyton2.2/compileall.py ."
I then created the cramfs again using "mkcramfs --verbose stage2-copied
stage2.img" and then copied this file back into the Redhat/base directory.

When I boot off the CD it gives the error " The RedHat Linux CD was not
found in any of your CDROM drives. Please insert the RedHat Linux CD and
press OK to retry. "

However if I do not make any changes to stage2.img and use the original one
it doesnot complain. So  I think it is something with the stage2.img that I
create.

Could someone please let me know what I am doing wrong. This same procedure
worked fine for Red Hat 7.3 and 8.0.

I would appreciate it if I am given some pointers to how hdstg2.img and
netstg2.img play a part in the boot process.

I greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Sameer.