From: Richard Black [mailto:richard.black@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2003 11:09 AM
To: Chan, Dominic
Subject: Re: how to copy file at post?

Chan, Dominic wrote:

>Is there a way for me to copy a file off the CD to the /root during
post
>phrase (or before)??  Usually during post, the CD is already ejected.
>How do I get around this?
>
>dwc

Maybe you could prompt for the CD?  You also have at your disposal the
"chvt" command which will make the console switch to wherever you are
asking the question.  Ask the question and if you don't see it on the
main screen then check consoles #1 through #6.  Then you can use chvt 1
to change to console #1 if that is where you are asking the question to
the user to insert the CD you need.

Then since you have a real system installed you can do anything you
need... mount /mnt/cdrom; cp /mnt/cdrom/rootstuff/* /root; eject.

Sincerely,
Richard Black