making a knoppix-like RH9 cd?

This is the closest RH9 list i could find to ask this so if theres better,
point me in the right direction please.

I have been making custom RH9 iso's for awhile now and want to take this
to another level. Basically run everything from the CD while having all
logging go to the local disk (hda). I found what I thought would be a good
How-To at http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Diskless-HOWTO-3.html#ss3.1

But i keep running into problems with it. Google'ing has returned zip. The
last thing i can think of is to download knoppix and try to piece out how
they did it but I am hoping someone here has a good writeup for this to
work in RH9.

thanks,

Greg King