compiling anaconda

hi,
   i am building a custom distro based on redhat.Now i have hacked up
anaconda and made some changes to it.I have a few doubts.

What i did is i mounted stage2.img and hjacked around the anaconda and
anaconda-runtime directorues.

1. Now is it just enough to leave the .py files
in anaconda directory as it is and rebuild stage2.img or do i need to
compile them.
2. Also if i have to leave the .py files as it is then what do i do with the
existing .pyc files?
3.Now if i need to compile the files in anaconda directory how do i do
it?it is really not possible to compile each of the files
manually..right??so is there any better way to do it.I tried using
compileall module but it is giving me some errors.Moreoever in my existing
redhat system i had installed anaconda and anaconda-runtime packages and i
freshly compiled them using compileall module and it still gives me
errors.could i know why??

oops!!sorry for a really long mail.Your help is invaluable.

regards
venkat.