Re: Disable LABEL= within fstab within kickstart ?

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Clifford Perry wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I dont know if anyone knows how this can be done, I do not see any
> documented switch or config option within the kickstart docs. How do you
> stop/disable anaconda from writting the mount points within /etc/fstab
> with LABEL= within the newer versions of anaconda  ? (such as that which
> comes with 8.0)
>
> I much prefure to keep the information within the fstab file as physical
> device names rather than LABEL's as you get with the 7.x versions of
> anaconda/kickstart.

1. The LABEL scheme was introduced in Anaconda 7.x for RHL 7.x.

2. I'd do a %post edit if I wanted to turn it off. I often use sed for
simple edits, and lay it out like this for ease of reading:

mv /etc/fstab /etc/fstab~
sed </etc/fstab~ >/etc/fstab \
  -e 's=this=that=g' \
  -e '/delme/d' \