modified anaconda, gui fails missing /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

Since I've spent the best part of the day going around in circles I
think it's time to ask for a bit of help.

I've been playing with anaconda, more for fun than anything- and the
text version of the installer runs like a dream. However, either
something is broken in anaconda (read: I've broken something along the
way).

X kicked out in the logs:
 that it couldn't load the modules recorder and glx, which I worked
around by hacking pyxf86config to not write recorder and glx to the
config.

Now, /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy is missing and //.Xauthority are
missing. I created an RPM which creates places those two files in the
place; although I probably ought to fix the problem rather than just
workaround it.

All the files missing are within main XFree86 package, which doesn't get
installed till near the end (maybe that's something wrong with my
comps.xml).

I'm pretty sure that if I could find which files are used to build the
initial root file system used, pre-X start-up that I could add my few
files, and all *might* work.

Any pointers would be useful.
--
Regards,