Anaconda to install onto other partition...

	We've got a bunch of machines deployed with RedHat 7.1 and we are
going to be moving them to an 8.0-based platform.  Because of the nature
of the upgrade, we would like to effectively re-install the entire system
and then move over the data from the old installation to the new one.
I will need to do this remotely and reliably for 10-20 systems.

	Luckily, we've installed all those "old" systems with an additional
partition pre-allocated.

	I would like to know if it is possible for me to run anaconda or
some varient of it from a RedHat 7.1 system and have install a RedHat
8 system onto another device.

	Now that I think about it, I should be able to lay down a basic
tarball/anaconda image, chroot to it, and then let the normal
installer take it from there.

	Has anyone done this, or does anyone have any tips on how to make
this work?

--
Adam Haberlach         |  Gravity: so consistent and predictable, yet
adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   |  frequently surprising.