Re: RH9 minimum installation CD

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 17:30, Dietmar Plassmann wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need a couple of days before I could create my first own customized
> installation CD, based on RH 7.3. Now I have new hardware and the CD
> doesn't work anymore.
>
> So I decided to make a RH9 Installation CD, but it is much more
> difficult for me. I am still working with RH 7.3 and it seems there is
> no way to run all needed scripts.
>
> Has no one develop a script, RPMS as parameter and comps.xml and hdlist
> as result? That would be fine :-)
>
> The old way was easier, collect the needed RPMs, edit the comps file,
> delete some lines, include some lines, run genhdlist, ready. I think I
> must invest much more time or is there a simple explanation with example
> for a mimum server system?

Simple script flow I did - mine is like 10 lines long but here is the
gist:
takes 2 args, releasedir and arch - releasedir is /path/to/9 arch is
architecutre.
so $basedir = $releasedir/$arch/RedHat/base will get you the dir where
the RedHat dir lives.

then generates the hdlists
/usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist $reldir/$arch

takes your groups-only comps.xml file and fully builds the rest out:
/usr/share/comps-extras/getfullcomps.py comps.groups.xml $reldir $arch \
          > $basedir/packages.xml

copy the comps.groups.xml overtop of the comps.xml
\/bin/cp -f $basedir/comps.groups.xml $basedir/comps.xml

put the packages.xml on the bottom of the comps.xml
cat $basedir/packages.xml >> $basedir/comps.xml

add a </comps> to the bottom to close the file
echo "</comps>" >> $basedir/comps.xml

rebuild the comps.rpm
copy the comps.rpm back into the $basedir

-sv