error RHL CD was not found on your CDROM

I am getting a similar error to Avner BenHanoch, only that I
am using the three standard Redhat 9 CDs.

The installation starts correctly booting from the CD, but when
it gets to Installation method it says that Redhat Linux is
not found on any of my CDROM drives (I only have one),
although the CDROM drive briefly lights up.

I can use the same CD to install Redhat Linux 9 on other PCs,
however this machine is a Proliant ML350 with a Proliant 532 SCSI Smart Array, so maybe it has something to do with that.

I have verified that the file '.discinfo' exists on the CD, and have
also tried installing with the option 'linux hda=cdrom'

Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.