Re: kickstart cdrom install does not work

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, abdul mustapha wrote:

> I read somewhere that there is a bug in Redhat
> versions lower than 8 which prevents kickstart to
> install through cdrom correctly.  Anyone know if this
> is fixed and if there is any workaround to this?  Do
> you think this may be my problem or is it something
> else?

It's true.. well, I haven't checked 7.3 but kickstarting off of a 7.2
cdrom is a pain in the neck.  Basically what you need to do is rip apart
the boot.img file, and place your kickstart file inside of the initial ram
disk file.  In your syslinux.cfg file you will need to change ks=floppy to
ks=file:/ks.cfg.  I don't know if this problem directly affects RHAS
2.1 or not though, so YMMV.

If you search back through the list archive, I posted some perl code
which should let you write a quick script to automate this process
(particularly handy if you're planning on changing ks.cfg a lot).

Good luck,

--Patrick.