Re: ks.cfg

Sameer,

I do the same as Brett, just stick the ks files in the root of the CD
and call them with ks=cdrom:/xxx.cfg.

In case you have an interest.  I actually have multiple configs
(modified boot.msg to present them).  Here is my syslinux.cfg contents
that deal with the various options one can enter at the syslinux boot
screen on my custom CD.  Even if you don't plan on multiple configs,
perhaps this example will help you.

This works very nicely, all the install-person needs to enter is a 2 or
3 character label to choose which kickstart file to use.  This is RH
7.3.

[boot]$ cat syslinux.cfg
default text
prompt 1
timeout 9000
display boot.msg
F1 boot.msg
F2 general.msg
F3 param.msg
F4 rescue.msg
F7 snake.msg
label qb
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/qb.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=8192
label qr
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/qr.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=8192
label qrd
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/qrd.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=8192
label qm
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/qm.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=8192
label qmd
  kernel vmlinuz
  append ks=cdrom:/qmd.cfg initrd=initrd.img lang= text devfs=nomount
ramdisk_size=8192

I hope you find this useful (it took me a while to figure it out too).

JP