Porting the Psyche Install for Special Hardware

Brief History:
I recently obtained a Toshiba Satellite 2435-S255 laptop and obviously
envisioned RH 8 running on it.  Unfortunately, after initializing the
installation, the box hangs at the "Booting the Kernel." message (no kernel
version banner).  I was able to get Red Hat 7.0 (with the 2.2 kernel)
running on it and then I even got 2.4.18 to boot.

Now, I would like to create a custom set of RH 8 install cds (using another
box that is running 8.0) so that I can install psyche and have "restore CDs"
for the future.

What I have done so far:
I was able to figure out that the problem rested in the APIC support
included with the 2.4 kernel.  By removing this from the config and
recompiling, I was able to get a kernel going that should work with 8.0.  In
order to do this, I am speculating that the vmlinuz kernel included with the
default 8.0 install will have to be replaced with a kernel that does not
have APIC included.  I started researching the install process; Syslinux and
Anaconda; and I browsed this mailing list (anaconda-devel-list) in hopes
that someone might have posted instructions as to how to create a new
vmlinuz / initrd.img or at least what options were used to create the stock
one that is shipping with the installation?

Incidentally, I already downloaded the beta 8.0.93 and tried that with the
same result (hung at "Booting the kernel.")

I apologize if this is the wrong list to be posting this to, but it seemed
the most reasonable.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Matt Howell
mhowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx