Re: my attempt at really terse docs for building a custom distro

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> On Thursday 09 January 2003 07:56 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

> > p.s.  at what point in my construction of a new distro would i be
> > warned about a dependency error?  i'm testing a new build as we
> > speak, and i may deliberately introduce a dependency error just to
> > see what happens.
>
> As in a missing package?
> /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/upd-instroot defines needed packages, and will
> complain about a missing package. I don't recall offhand if it terminates
> the build, however.

actually, here's a concrete example: openldap is required by
openldap-clients adn openldap-servers.  shortly, i'm going to try
to build a new distro that includes the two latter packages
but not the required openldap package.

should i expect a warning/error from the distro build?

rday

p.s.  obviously, this is just for test purposes.